- Opening Statements, Trial Tactics Defense Litigation Manual, (DRI 2006, Pages 255-263)
- Examinations Under Oath (Norcom Publications 2003)
- Beyond NFPA921 – A comprehensive Approach to Proving if an Insured Set a Fire, 10 In-House Defense Quarterly 64 (Winter 2015)
- The Penalty for Foiling to Submit to an Examination Under Oath, 38 SIULJ 261 (Winter 2014)
- Privacy v. Honesty – The Necessity of Full Disclosure of Medical Records, 21 IDC Quarterly No. 2 at 45 (Second Quarter 2011).
- Barth v. State Farm – Leveling the Playing Field, 18 IDC Quarterly No. 3 at 8 (Third Quarter, 2008).
- Using Polygraph Results to Decide Good Faith Denial of Coverage Cases, 91 Illinois Bar Journal 26 (Jan. 2003)
- The Burden of Proof in Arson Cases, 11 IDC Quarterly 6 (2001)
- The Trial Court’s Discretion to Exclude Evidence of Convictions for Crimes Involving False Statement in Civil Cases, 5 IDC Quarterly 36 (1995)
- Intentional Interference with Contractual Relations: The Viability of the Tort in the Employment Context in the Wake of Dake v. Tuell, 32 St. Louis Bar Journal (1986)
- Modifications of the Employment at Will Doctrine: Balancing Judicial Development of the Common Law with the Legislative Prerogative to Determine Public Policy, 30 St. Louis U.L.J. 65 (1985)
- Retaliatory Discharge: Its Applicability to Employees Protected by a Just Cause Provision, 72 Illinois Bar Journal (1984)
- A Comparison of the Non-Substantive Provisions of the UNCITRAL Convention on the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Commercial Code, 23 Harvard International Law Journal 49 (1982)
- Towards an Implied Warranty of Habitability in Sales of New and Used Homes in Illinois That is Consistent with the Underlying Reasons which Gave Rise to that Warranty, 4 Illinois Fund Concept 32 (1980)
Looking For A Lawyer?
Visit DeFranco Law